Coming This Fall: The Disney Genie+ Program!
It's official: the previous Fast Pass and MaxPass service will not be returning to the Disney Parks...instead, Disney has unveiled a similar Disney Genie and Genie+ service, which includes the Lightning Lane! Here are the key details:
1) The Disney Genie will be a part of the Disney Experience and Disneyland apps, therefore its basic services will be free to use (mobile ordering, dining reservations) AND it will now include the option to have a personalized itinerary for your Disney Day. Disney Genie will even be able to forecast the attraction wait times based on the time of day.
2) Disney Genie+ (note the plus sign) is essentially the former MaxPass system that we used at Disneyland before the parks shutdown in 2020.
3) Guests in WDW will have to pay $15 per ticket per day, while Disneyland guests will have to pay $20 per ticket per day to use this new system. Guests will have the ability to select a ride, one at a time, throughout the day to use the new "lightning lane", formerly the fast pass line.
4) Identical to the old fast pass system, guests will only be able to reserve one fast pass every 1.5 hours (estimated) before selecting another.
5) There is an option to purchase two (2) top tier rides for an ADDITIONAL COST on top of the Genie+ . These rides include Radiator Springs Racers (DCA) and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (MK). You can schedule these rides anytime throughout the day, and the pricing will vary based on the ride, park, and date.
6) The Disney Genie+ service will also include PhotoPass.
7) There will also be needed improvements to the Disability Access Service (DAS) in which a party can enroll in the program before arriving at the parks.
The Disney Genie may have an itinerary option on the app, but the My Oh My planners still have you covered with personalized itineraries for your entire vacation! And we can maximize your experience based on any special event you are celebrating.
* It is also worth noting that there is no prepaid add-on option for Magic Key holders at Disneyland. MaxPass used to be an add-on option with the former annual pass holder program.
The Disney Genie service will begin sometime this fall, but no official date has been announced yet.